As Managing Partner, I am responsible for the strategic direction and future growth of the firm. I’m blessed to lead a team of talented individuals at Oxford whose expertise in portfolio design, retirement income distribution, estate planning and tax reduction strategies allow us to design innovative solutions for current and prospective clients.
I was called to this profession after experiencing the loss of both of my parents by the time I was in my early 30’s. These losses were a turning point in my life and solidified my desire to leave a successful corporate career to start my own investment advisory firm dedicated to delivering high quality, objective financial advice to others. I begin every day offering thanks for my many blessings, and approach my work with a desire to make my parents and loved ones proud.
We also believe the financial services industry is broken, and we’re here to fix it. In response to the many failures I saw in the investment world, I created Power of 5 Investing®, a proprietary system for helping clients achieve retirement success. Our clients can count on Clarity, Confidence and Catalyst delivered by a team that are fee-only, true fiduciaries and fiercely independent.
My formative years were split between Columbus and Middletown, Ohio. In high school I played baseball and football (yes, seriously) for the nationally ranked Middletown Middies. I spent my college days at Miami University where I was a member of Kappa Sigma fraternity and Chairman of the Board of First Miami Student Credit Union.
After serving as a CPA with Deloitte & Touche I returned to graduate school to pursue my MBA at Indiana University. Indiana led to career opportunities in brand management at Procter & Gamble and as an officer of Western & Southern Financial Group. In 2003, with one child at home and another on the way, I launched what would become Oxford Financial Partners.
On a personal note, I…
- Am blessed to be married to Holli for 25 years, raising two incredible kids who will both change the world
- love to cook and travel
- am a walking encyclopedia of classic and alt rock
- start my day by reading stoic philosophy
- nerd out on history and the US constitution
- can be found enjoying fine Bourbon and wine with friends
- patiently wait for the Ohio State Buckeyes and the Cleveland Browns to win football championships in the same year
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - 1995
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ - 2004
- B.S. Finance and Accountancy, Miami University - 1993
- M.B.A, Indiana University - 1997
COMMUNITY AND LEADERSHIP:
- Forbes Finance Council – Member
- Media appearances – Forbes, CNN Money, Cincinnati Magazine, RIA Channel, The Ringer
- Five Star Wealth Manager – multi-year winner
- Financial Planning Association of Greater Cincinnati – Past President
- Miami University Alumni Association – former Board Member
- Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber – Community “C-Change” leader